The Fire Prevention Division develops and enforces standards and fire codes related to life safety and fire risk reduction within the District's boundaries. If you have questions about fire codes, defensible space, a concern about a property or building, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Fire Prevention efforts play an increasingly important part in the fire department activities, through inspection and enforcement activities that identify and abate fire hazards in the community. Fire Prevention the most effective means of reducing loss of life and property due to fires. Our mission is to assist in the preservation of life and property by advocating, promoting, and providing leadership in the prevention and mitigation of fire and other related hazardous conditions.
At the heart of any code enforcement program is an adopted fire code and related standards. Codes and standards establish minimum requirements, but should not prevent or discourage someone from exceeding the minimum requirement.
We appreciate the input from our citizens of their concerns about possible fire hazards in their neighborhood. Please contact the Fire Prevention Division if you notice a possible fire or safety hazard.
FIRE PREVENTION Requirements
- Solar System Requirementswith diagram.pdf
- NFPA 704 Placard Guidelines WFPD.pdf
- Water Supply & Hydrant Requirements.pdf
- Roadway Access Requirements .pdf
- Residential Fire Sprinkler System Requirements.pdf
- Residential Construction Plan Requirements.pd
- Fire Alarm Design and Installation Requirements.pdf
- Energy Storage System Requirements.pdf
- Residential Commercial Generator Requirements pdf
- HOT Work Permit Requirements.pdf
- Vegetation Management Requirements.pdf
- Fire Protection Plan for Chptr 7A.pdf
For the latest list of materials allowed per the California Building Code Chapter 7A, click on the this link: WUI Approved Products
Please be sure to specify to the person you are scheduling an inspection with what type of inspection you would like i.e. rough/hydro, a final for building or sprinkler, knox/gate, or tent inspection. Inspections are first come first served. If you require multiple re-inspections, you may be charged additional inspection fees.